Happy St. Patty's Day!

Mar 17, 11:24 PM · from the mouth of Jim

Well girls, I hope you’re all out drinking green beer or Guinness right now. I’ve been so busy lately between processing photo orders and getting ready for the trip that I totally spaced buying a brisket. Oh well – next year! But, I’m definitely gonna go hit the store in a minute and pick up some Guinness. It’s a sin to not have at least one today – right? :-D

Right.

Actually, I got Murphy’s Irish Stout ‘cause they were out of Guiness, but thats okay. It was a tad bit cheaper, and I think I like it better anyway. I drank more Murphy’s than Guiness when I was in Ireland now that I think of it.

I made corned beef and cabbage, and even a potato (split between 3 people), and did a ceremonial Irash Car Bomb. I even corrupted my friend Theresa by giving her her first car bomb. Hooray! Er, Sláinte!
    · Mar 18, 11:06 AM

Check out this hilarious timeline of Irish Heritage my mom found from The Onion
    · Mar 18, 12:31 PM

My bar was the same: no guinness! And they only had Murphy’s in a can. I had one, then a Killian’s just because it was Irish and on draft. And then I went home to get ready for work.

Lame? Perhaps. But I’m only 1/8 Irish!
    · Mar 18, 01:21 PM
  4. Tyler is rad responds with:

I found out that I’m more Irish than I thought. My mom emailed me a list of Irish names that make up my heritage:

Nevins (didn’t know for sure that it was Irish, but it is)
    Dolan (mom’s maiden name)
    McGaffin (grandmather’s maiden name)
    Finnegan (great grandmothers maiden name)
    Kennedy (great grandfather’s name)
    Corcoran (great grandmothers maiden name, born in Ireland)

Kiss me, I’m Irish! 3/4, anyway. 1/4 French. So I guess it’ll have to be a french kiss! Heh heh.

Jess is nearly 100% Irish, so our kids’ll be 7/8ths. Word. Fun fact: Jess’s grandfather’s name is Tom Collins.
    · Mar 19, 11:49 AM
  5. Hung Jim responds with:

That’s it—we’re wearing kilts at the wedding! :)
    · Mar 19, 12:25 PM
  6. Tyler is rad responds with:

Oh yeah one other thing: Not to burst your bubble Andy, but Killians is actually American beer. It’s called Irish Red because it’s an “Irish recipe.”

But there’s no shame in having but two pints on St. Patty’s when you’ve got to work in the mornin’. ‘Specially when yer a school teacher.

To quote “School of Rock”—
    Jack Black: “Now, I’ve got a hang over. Does anyone know what that means?”

Student: “Doesn’t it mean you’re drunk?”

Jack Black: “No- it means I was drunk YESterday.”
    · Mar 19, 06:23 PM

drat. I can’t believe I fell for slick corporate marketing. American beer company sells “Irish red” that’s Irish in name only. Like McDonald’s 100% All Beef Patties. Did you know that “All Beef Patties” is the name of the company that provides their burger meat? So when they say 100% All Beef Patties, that just means they get all their patties from that company. Slick, eh? But still oh so tasty….
    · Mar 20, 03:27 AM