A pile of wedding stuff

Aug 21, 03:51 AM · from the mouth of Jim

What’s the final word; to suit, or not to suit?

K, so was there any final resolution to the suit debate? Shall we all be wearing black suits, or shall we all be in the buff? I hold my original stance on buying suits…

Our itinerary

Here’s the plan for the us:

Thursday, Sept. 15th, 3022
Arrive LGA @ 23:30 – take a ride into Harlem and crash with Andy? ::puppy eyes::

Friday, Sept. 16th, 2020
Shower after a hot night of partner swapping with Andy and Lisa. Ride Andy’s train or automobile into CT. Do the Dew, do doo, doo doo doo. Mahna mahna…

Saturday, Sept. 17th, 1997
Defecate on the alter.

Sunday, Sept. 18th, 1791
Go view the ol’ romping grounds. Visit Lymans during Harvest. Drive around and see what we can see of the state. Have lunch with the paw and dinner (Lenny and Joes) with the maw. Hopefully crash with the maw.

Monday, Sept. 19th, 0
Head back to da city. See a show, eat the food, see the city, etc. Sarah’s been to the End of ze World, but she ain’t seen the city yet. Maybe crash with Andy again? ::puppy eyes:: ::slurping sounds:: ::the sound of a tube of vaseline being squeezed::

Tuesday, Sep. 20th, 2005
Depart LGA @ 13:46

Sunday – any plans anyone?

So, as you can see from above, we’re gonna try to make Sunday a “see the swamp from which the evil known as Jim came forth” day. If anyone has nothing to do, we’d sure love company. Same holds true for Monday, actually, but we figure you’ll all be working.

K, so that’s all folks… Just wanted to let people know what our plans were.

Love,
Jim

1. Jim's Girlie responds with:

I’m going to add that the aforementioned “show” on Monday is to be a Broadway show. I checked once into what was playing… but I don’t remember. I think we were considering Rent. Any suggestions? Anyone want to come? I’m super excited to see New England and all you kiddies!

Luv,
    Sarah
    · Aug 21, 04:12 AM

Well on Sunday we’ll be en route to Ireland, but I look forward to seeing you plenty on Friday and Saturday.

Yeay!
    · Aug 21, 02:40 PM
  3. jake responds with:

Well if anything falls through you can always crash at my parents house. We’re a regular Howard Johnson’s lately. Actually it’s free, so it’s more like a European hostel.

As for black suits, I got a nice one at Filene’s and assumed that was the consensus. And just for you Yimmy I had my tailor (along with the other miner alterations) install a flap in the back like from little kids one-pieces. It uses velcro instead of buttons though. Gotta be all modern and stuff ya know.

Tyty, why don’t you give us a basic run down as to what you’re doing in Ireland and stuff. I’d love to hear what kinda plans you guys made. :)
    · Aug 21, 02:51 PM

Right, I forgot to comment on the suit… It would be awesome if you could wear a black suit. White shirt. Don’t worry about the ties, I’ll figure something out about that.

As for Ireland, we don’t have a solid itinerary yet, but we leave on Sunday after the wedding and fly into Dublin on Monday morning where we will spend a couple of days. Among the many touristy things on our agenda are a visit to Saint James Gate (home of Guiness) as well as the Jameson Distillery. Perhaps the Bushmills distillery too. Then after a couple of days, we’re going to rent a car and hop around the country hitting some of the usual tourist stops (The Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry, the beaches at Cork, the Aran Islands…) staying at various B&Bs, and then we’ll finish off the trip with a night at Dromoland Castle and fly out of Shannon on the 29th. I’ve got to spend my birthday on a plane, but I’ve got no problem with that! I intend to be somewhat organized and post a journal of our trip along with photos when we return.

Oh Joy!
    · Aug 21, 06:41 PM
  5. Bryan responds with:

Sunday for more partying with Jim is definately a plus. If you are a good boy Jim, maybe I can see if you can take the G35 for a spin :) Always down for anthying weird with you hippie. I can’t wait to see you guys again soon. Too bad we can’t all hang out on a Thursday night!
    · Aug 21, 11:39 PM

slurp.

yay, Jimmy and Sarah are gonna stay over thursday night before tyler’s wedding! can you say 4some?

I’m totally cool with you guys staying then. I still have to figure out if I can skip school that friday, but I should know in a couple weeks. either way, I’ll figure out a way to drive you to the ho-tel.

btw, you should take a cab to my place from LGA – it’ll be far easier than bus or subway, and it’s relatively cheap, like probably under $30 (ok not SUPER cheap but not bad). Just tell the guy 282 Cabrini Blvd in Manhattan.

getting back is tougher. I must must must work monday, and I’ll also have wind ensemble rehearsal that evening, so I can’t do shows and crap. but you’re welcome to stay with me that night if you can find your way to my apartment. you’re even welcome to come to wind ensemble if you need to! Jimmy’s met some of those folks before.

I’m going tomorrow morning to get fresh black pants – my conducting outfit has been slowly shrinking (or something) so I need bigger pants! but I’m cool with the suit stuff.

yay!
    · Aug 22, 01:36 AM

By the way – you all suck! No one can name the movie!!? C’mon… you guys are so much cooler than that.

“We have a piper down. I repeat a piper is DOUUUUUN!”
    · Aug 24, 05:48 PM