BeerXML for all the nerds out there

Feb 20, 03:54 PM · from the mouth of Jake

I’m not sure why people would need this. I mean I’ve seen XML stuff for basic recipes but it would make more sense to extend that than come up with a new format. Beer and technology. :)

BeerXML

Holy crap. That is so over my head, I’m still not even sure what I just looked at. I saw a bunch of beer terminology, which peaked my interest… but it was confounded by so much computer speak that my head is spinning. Egad!

Speaking of computer geeks with way too much time of their hands, check out this article my Dad sent me about a guy who went to great lengths to customize his iPod
    · Feb 20, 04:52 PM

Unrelated: Has anyone noticed that Jake, Andy and I are pretty much the only ones who ever use GoofyGuys anymore (Jimmy will occationally grace us with his presence).
    · Feb 20, 05:14 PM
  3. jake responds with:

I have noticed that too. I haven’t been posting much myself here or over on Re¢ently. I’ve been fairly lazy for a while now.

For mini-updates: I have no idea what the heck John is doing. And Bryan is enjoying Aquaterrium and being transferred to a bank right down the street from the store. And coincidentally right across the street from Fitness 4000 and right down the street from where I work. I actually drive right past the gym and bank on my way to work every morning.
    · Feb 20, 06:10 PM

The Aquaterrium site is looking nice. Gotta get some photos up there though. I can’t wait to see it.
    · Feb 21, 11:16 AM

The aquaterrium website WAS nice – but they don’t have their names on it anywhere, and I agree with Tyler on the pictures. They did a great job with the testimonials though, including resounding praise from one Mr. James West and another Mr. John Colberg. Impartial judges of quality to be sure….

Anyhoo, it’s february break for me. I’m hoping to do some web updating of my own at andypease.com and columbiasummerwinds.org sometime this week. That could be entertaining…
    · Feb 21, 12:22 PM
  6. jake responds with:

Thanks, I’m glad you guys like the look of the site. Bryan gave me a mock up and I enjoyed beating it into submission. The best part is all the free beer Bry buys me when we go out. ;)

Hopefully the content will mesh out. Interesting side note, I used the same software we have here to build the site.

The store itself is pretty nice. Bryan can of course describe it better, but they have some cool fish and I’m sure it’ll look cooler once they get a “real” sign out front and the big ass display case that keeps coming in cracked.
    · Feb 21, 01:29 PM