Maybe it's the Tequila...

Oct 1, 04:01 AM · from the mouth of Jim

So… I haven’t posted in a long time, I realize this – sorry all. I love you, but working two 40 hour jobs a week just takes it’s toll, ya know?

Anyway… maybe it’s the Tequila, but I had to post these two quotes cuz it’s just funny to me:

Jim: “I should drink tequila more often when processing…” (you should pronounce often “ouphtin”, cuz that’s how I would probably say it right now – it took three tries to spell it right… :)

Sarah: “It could also be that fact that you’re doing a good looking guy right now.”

AWESOME…

Tequila makes everyone look better!

Glad to have you back Jimmy! I hope the photo business gets to the point where you can quit your ‘puter job. You guys are seriously talented and do fabulous work. Seriously. As someone who grew up around the business, I can tell you that you’ve got a really good thing going there. Glad to see the weddings gallery starting to come online on Asante.

· Oct 1, 01:04 PM

Wow, Jimmy’s doing hot guys. Hehe.

I agree with Tyty – who needs a desk job when you can sit home and “process” with tequila instead?

Good luck, and keep these updates coming!

PS – it’s pumpkin beer season… anyone have leads on the best ones this year? So far I like Smuttynose best.

· Oct 1, 03:18 PM

My all-time favorite is still Buffalo Bill’s Pumpkin Ale. It’s SOOO good. I’ve got some Saranac Pumpkin at home, and it’s good but not great. I tried the Blue Moon pumpkin beer a few weeks ago, and it’s not good at all. I’ve tried Brooklyn Brewery’s Post Road Pumpkin and find it okay, but rather boring. I remember getting a Dogfish Head Punkin’ Ale when we were at the brewpub in Delaware, and it was strong and malty and just lacked that luscious Pumpkin Pie flavor I like in a Pumpkin Ale. I haven’t tried the Smuttynose though. So far, Buffalo Bill’s is the only one I really like. As we get closer to Christmas, Harpoon’s Winter Warmer is one of my all time favorites. Brewed with many of the same spices as a pumpkin beer, it’s go that warm, comfortable, spicy loveliness. Mmmm mmmm MMMM!

· Oct 1, 06:26 PM

Mmmm… now I’m going to have to find a spare minute or two to run over to the liquor store. I still need to find this amazing Buffalo Bill’s that you have spoken so much about.

OK, subject change—this aired about a year ago apparently, but it just came through as a Podcast. I don’t know if any of you listen to WNYC’s Radio Lab, but if you don’t, you really should start. Most specifically, you should listen to the episode entitled Musical Language.

It may be some review for those college edumacated brilliant folk like Andy, but holy crap is it fascinating. Seriously, it’s an absolute must listen to.

· Oct 2, 12:04 AM

Radiolab is one of my all-time favorite WNYC shows, or radio shows period. Everything they cover is just absolutely fascinating. And I’m lucky enough to live in their home market – yay WNYC!

On a semi-related note, Radiohead is coming out with a new album that will only be available over the internet! Better yet, it’s coming out NEXT WEEK!!!!! I haven’t been this excited since… well, Jim can tell you the last time I was this excited. =)

· Oct 2, 12:15 AM

Purrrrrr…

· Oct 3, 02:04 AM

I saw something about the Radiohead album this morning. They referenced the web site to get the album from. :)

· Oct 3, 01:59 PM

Holy crap. I did it. I just bought the discbox. That’s the super-duper special edition version that comes with the CD, 2 vinyl records of the same, a bonus CD with 8 extra tracks, AND A BOOK!!! I seriously couldn’t help it. The 8 extra tracks completely pushed me over the edge. My $82 (40 british pounds) are now in a better place. I’m so happy!

Part of my happiness, though, can be attributed to my latest pumpkin beer find: Southern Tier Brewery’s Imperial Pumking. It comes in a 22 oz. bottle only. It smells like spiced eggnog. And it tastes better than buffalo bill’s. Yes, that’s right, I said it. That may also be attributable to its 9% alcohol content. If I ever have a bachelor party and it happens to be modeled after Tyler’s, this is my current brewery of choice. I’m soooo happy!

Tyty, I might just grab a couple of these and show up at your parent’s house with them on Friday. Does Kieran like beer yet?

· Oct 4, 12:13 AM

Well I bought the Radiohead album the other day. After reading an article in Time Magazine about how Radiohead is something of a pioneer by bypassing the record companies altogether and selling the album directly from their website, I was intrigued. After reading the part that YOU CAN PAY ANYTHING YOU WANT FOR IT, including NOTHING, I was sold. As you can imagine, in our current situation with a new baby and Jess not working, I have NO room in my budget for new music. But I respect the band and their revolutionary idea so much that I payed 6 bucks for it (or 3 pounds). If you think about it, that’s a LOT more than they would have gotten for it if I bought it full price from a record company.

I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet, but so far, me likey.

Since the MP3 files had no album art attached, I did a screen capture of the trippy spash page of the In Rainbows website. Feel free to use this file for your copies of the album. I always like to have the artwork on my iPod.

· Oct 19, 11:02 AM

Sweet, I haven’t had a chance to grab my copy yet. I keep forgetting about it when I’m at home and don’t want to simply download it on my work machine and have to make copies and stuff. :)

I did find a couple places where people have come up with alternate covers (no offense to TyTy’s version).

Dan Cederholm’s Rendition
    Jon Hicks plus a bunch more in the comments – Some cool, some stupid.

· Oct 19, 03:44 PM

Dude! Some of the ones in the John Hicks link were gorgeous! Some were also stupid, as you mentioned Jake (i.e. the My Little Ponies one and the David Cassidy one to name a couple…) But this is really cool. This could be the big going forward… bands release a CD online without art and have people create their own art for it. Then maybe if they print CDs, the band could choose their favorites. Or maybe release a series with different covers. Coolness…

I see I wasn’t the only one who thought to do a screen grab of the website….

· Oct 19, 04:36 PM

I can’t believe it’s taken you guys this long! I’ve been listening to this album obsessively since I downloaded it when it came out last Wednesday morning. I’ve seriously listened to it at least once (usually only once) every day since I’ve gotten it. I’m totally in love with it – I think it’s better than both of their last 2 albums, and that some of the songs rival their very best from every era. Tracks 1 through 4 especially just send me to another dimension of musical thrill. Every time I listen to it, I like it even more, though this has been the case with every Radiohead album I’ve gotten. Perhaps that’s why they’re still my favorite band almost 15 years after “Creep” came out. No I just have to wait for the “In Rainbows” bonus tracks… it’s gonna be a long few weeks until then!

As for the cover, I’m partial to Tyler’s screen capture. I’m pretty sure it was designed by their sort of resident artist, Stanley Donwood, who does work that fits their style perfectly.

· Oct 19, 05:43 PM