Kieran turns one — and YOU'RE INVITED!

Jun 16, 11:47 AM · from the mouth of Tyler

Holy Moses, I can’t believe it’s been a year already! I still vividly remember the nervous excitement I felt before he was born. And now he’s walking! (Well, almost.)

So anyway, this Thursday is his birthday, and we’re having a little shindig at the Nevins Compound. It’s just gonna be us Nevinses, my grandmas, and you guys (if you want to come.) I know it’s a Thursday night and it’s pretty short notice, but you’re all invited if you’d like to come. Jess is making cake!

It’ll be this Thursday, June 19th, around 6:30 or so. Let me know if you can make it!

1. Ty responds with:

Wait. Hold it. Hang on.

Maybe we’d better not have a party here on Thursday. During last night’s thunderstorms, our house got hit by a mini tornado. It threw a HUGE tree into the house, taking out a third of the roof, and most of the windows and sliding glass doors on the side of the house that faces the lake. Pretty crazy. There are a bunch of guys here taking down the tree and patching up the roof.

So yeah, maybe a party here on thursday is a bad idea. But we’re still having one in Boston on June 28th if you’re interested!

I’ll post pictures of the damage in the days ahead.

Love Ty. :)

· Jun 17, 03:58 PM

Awww, I just ordered an UglyDoll from Amazon for the little guy. I guess I can give it to him in the future.

Sorry about the house!

· Jun 17, 05:46 PM
  3. andy responds with:

WHOA! Glad you guys are all OK though. That must have been scary!

This might brighten up your day. Ty, remember you tried to convince me once that there was a Nintendo game where you had to pee on stuff? I submit to you a very suspicious article about Super Pii Pii Brothers for the Wii.

· Jun 17, 09:05 PM
  4. Ty responds with:

Hey guys-

The party might be back on. The house is all boarded up, but it’s livable. So if you’re available, the offer to come on by this Thursday still stands.

Wow, that Super Pii Pii Brothers game is a scream! Is that for real, or is it a joke? I don’t remember trying to convince you of the existence of a peeing game, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least. I tried to convince you of a lot of stuff when we were kids. I feasted on your gullibility, telling you all kinds of tall tales, just because you believed most of them. Sorry about that… :)

· Jun 18, 01:56 PM
  5. Ty responds with:

BTW, I think Ugly Doll are super cool! Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. I think they’re cute!

· Jun 18, 02:06 PM

Well thank God for procrastination. I had dinner with Christy Page on Monday and she said she’d come along to keep me company in the car and meet Kieran. I didn’t tell her anything about it being canceled. Now I don’t have to!

· Jun 18, 04:31 PM
  7. Sarahmonster responds with:

OMG, I’m SO glad you’re okay. A tornado destroyed my aunt’s house in Missouri a month ago, but she and her fam were luckily out of town.

Good luck with fixing everything!

We have bunches of news like opening a new studio and having just gotten back from Asia, but I think Jimmy is too crazy to make a post and I don’t have the ability. Sawry…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIERAN!!

· Jun 19, 07:05 AM
  8. Ty responds with:

Just got back from Asia?! This is definitely news to me. Last I heard about the studio, you guys were just “thinking” about doing it. That was Tax Day. Yikes, it’s been two months!

Well, tell Jimmy to set aside 20 minutes, sit down at the computer with a beer, and fill us in to what’s going on. And post pictures of the studio!!

Sorry about your Aunt’s house! Was that part of the string of tornadoes that was on the news last month? I’m so glad our situation wasn’t THAT bad!

Love Ty.

· Jun 19, 05:58 PM
  9. andy responds with:

Man, I swear I posted again yesterday… it turns out I can’t comment from school! The comment system doesn’t seem to function correctly on the crappy Internet Explorer 7 they make us use.

Anyhow, I can’t make the Kieran bash. I’m due at another birthday party that I agreed to about a month ago, for someone slightly older (thus, there will be Texas-Size margaritas)… sorry about that!

I do remember you feasting on my gullibility Ty – I certainly provided quite a bounty of that! You had quite the imagination, though… when we were like 10 you told me all about your “girlfriend” who you made out with so much that you fell asleep making out in bed. I guess you rolled in different directions or something, because you each independently kept kept going with the making out motion in your sleep, yet somehow your babysitter who was watching both of you thought you had just fallen asleep chewing gum and left you alone. And I fell for it, the same way I fell for your description of the awesome new Nintendo game “Can You Piss”. I kid you not, I must have been the most gullible kid on the planet Earth.

Speaking of Earth, I’m glad Sarah and Jimmy have checked up on the other side of it. Get some pictures up for us sometime so we get going with the envy! Sorry about your aunt’s house though. I hope everyone’s OK!

Oh, and the UglyDoll website is a sight to behold. Really fun.

OK, where’s that submit button…

· Jun 19, 06:21 PM
  10. Ty responds with:

Well, Jimmy may be too busy to post about his trip here, but that’s okay because Sarah already did it at their own blog (which I always forget that they have… I’ll have to Del.icio.us it or something…)

Anyway, here’s the link: