Too bad Russian doesn't use runes.

Aug 21, 02:18 PM · from the mouth of Jake

I just had to include this article about Lord British for the awesome quote…

[…]persuaded his high school teachers that learning Basic code counted as fulfilling his foreign-language requirement.

Going to Space? First Stop: Eight Months of Grueling Training in Russia’s Star City [from: Kotaku]

I’m sorry, I seem to be geeking out today. Why didn’t they have stuff like this when we were in high school?

Ultima V: Screenshots

· Aug 21, 04:45 PM
  2. Ty responds with:

Cooool…. I want to go to space too. But I don’t want to pay millions of dollars to do it, and I don’t want to have to train for 8 months in Russia first.

Nope, I just want to go there. And that idea almost seems plausible with a Space Elevator. I first heard about the “Space Elevator” concept on the radio a couple of years ago, and it sounds possible, and very cool. I hope it happens!

Space elevator diagram

Jake, I have to admit, I clicked on the Ultima V: Screenshots link, and I had no idea what I was looking at! You bring a whole new level of geekery to the party, my friend!

· Aug 25, 06:34 PM

Sorry TyTy, I was aiming for surprise… I just remember trying to write simple programs on my calculator and that site blew me away.

p.s. I noticed the image of the space elevator wasn't behaving so I copied it locally and just made a link back to the Wikipedia page.

· Aug 26, 10:16 AM
  4. Ty responds with:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! It’s for CALCULATORS! I get it now. I admit, I didn’t look THAT hard.

Strange that the space elevator image was screwy for you… it showed up fine for me yesterday. But then, I still have a pretty remedial knowledge of formatting for Goofy Guys.

· Aug 26, 12:28 PM

Sorry, should have explained better. :-)

I believe the picture issue was because of something on my end blocking it. I noticed the same problem when going directly to the Wikipedia page. I just figured it’d prevent that for other people too. :-)

· Aug 26, 05:26 PM