It's like a car wreck...

Nov 16, 07:38 PM · from the mouth of Jim

You can’t stop staring at it because it’s so bloody horrible.

Check this cartoon out. This tasty little nugget should spark some good comments. :) I dare you all to try and make it to the bottom without a) shooting the monitor, b) heaving profusely c) hucking the monitor through the wall. Seriously, it’s a challenge.

My friend used to have these tasty little cartoons dropped on his desk at work. He, quite obviously, complained and they stopped – but can you imagine? Sheesh…

I mean, I disagree with the beliefs that this preaches, and I wouldn’t normally mind someone presenting an alternative view – but this is just over the top IMHO – like… A LOT...

And even better – if you manage to make it to the bottom read the link at the bottom about why this guy wrote the cartoon. It’s kinda like a little bonus nugget. :)

Wow… I’m just clicking through this site out of uncontrollable morbid curiosity and it’s simply astonishing!

Read the sections about Islam. I find it humorous that someone can make the connections between Islam potentially having some historical relationship to paganism, yet they’re completely and utterly blind to the possibility (even when the same exact types of connections are blatantly apparent) that their own religion might also have historically related relationships.

Anyone here read The DaVinci Code, or Angels and Demons? If you have, you’ll totally get what I mean. If any of you guys haven’t read them, I’d highly recommend them. Even if you think they’re totally full of shit, they’re both pretty entertaining reads.
    · Nov 16, 07:58 PM

Holy flaming queers, this thing is messed up on so many levels.

I did get all the way to the bottom, with the cringe factor increasing at every step! It resonates with me like a “Hey kids, crack is OK!” ad. And I bet this Jack Chick fellow who wrote it is totally closeted.

I don’t even know where to begin in my rant. First, taking aim at kids is a little insidious, especially in this comic book form. There is no rational argument in this piece at all. It plays completely to fear, as in “hey kids, you need to oppose gays or else you’re going to BURN IN ETERNAL FLAMES!” That’s pretty darn absolute, and pretty darn scary! But it doesn’t make arguments like “Gay couples can’t have children” that some anti-gay-marriage people even use. It’s just absolute fear. And it tries to back everything up with scripture quotes. Islam and Judaism both share scripture with us, and all three religions have passages telling us to do nothing on Sabbath (a la Orthodox/observant Jews), not charge interest on loans (this is in the Old Testament, yet only Islam seems to follow it), and not jerk off. So, where’s the campaign against masturbation? “Kids, resist the temptation of your hands, for those who wax their own poles will be cast in an eternal pit of other guys’ jizz.” Clearly this is ridiculous, and no society follows every scriptural doctrine to the letter, so it’s silly to use quotes to back up a case like this. It could even be interpreted differently: maybe that quote about “Thou shalt not lie with womankind as with mankind” or some such just means you gotta give it to a guy in the butt because he has no womanhole.

I’m going to hell now.
    · Nov 16, 09:26 PM
  3. John responds with:

I don’t know what to say, like you Jim, I can’t help but browse the website.

After reading that comic the Holy Spirit convicted me so strongly that I knelt down at the foot of the bed and repented of my sins and confessed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

Ok, i’m being slightly sarcastic. I just can’t believe what I just read.

Its funny, cause if you read the “testimonials” it almost seems like this guy is writing them himself. Maybe i’m just hoping hes writing them and not that many people are actually taking him seriously

Wow, just wow.
    · Nov 16, 11:34 PM
  4. John responds with:

Bryan Look!!!

Hispanics love Chick tracts:

I’m 15, and I go to a Hispanic church. A lot of people that have joined our church have been born again by the tracts.

(Testimonial from that site)
    · Nov 16, 11:38 PM
  5. Bryan responds with:

Boy! Am I glad I love pussy!
    · Nov 16, 11:43 PM
  6. John responds with:

Remember Bry,

Religion can’t save, only Jesus can!
    · Nov 16, 11:50 PM
  7. Bryan responds with:

Yeah but, Boy! Am I glad I love pussy!
    · Nov 17, 01:52 AM

Wow, this is disturbing on so many levels. Call me cynical, but I don’t even see the point of discussing this. It’s depressing. Living in the south, I see more of this crap than before. I don’t see it all that often, but it’s here. One time in Rhode Island, while Jess was in the hospital (potentially on her deathbed), I got my haircut and the stylist asked me if I prayed for her. I don’t remember what I told her… something about not talking to God very often. But next thing I knew, she was asking me to accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior and forgiving me of my sins. Then she gave me a little “Welcome to Christianity” book and told me to come back and worship with her on Sunday. I smiled, thanked her, and never went back.

Anyway, off track. I think it’s fine for people to think that God disapproves of homosexuality. It’s their right. I think it’s even their right to teach their children that it’s wrong. I DON’T think it’s okay for people to teach their children to hate and to spread their hatred.

I can’t go on. It’s depressing.
    · Nov 17, 01:58 PM
  9. Jake responds with:

Yeah, that was way over the top. I can’t believe people actually think like that.

Pretty much I’ve always looked at it like this (being a Catholic and all) if Jesus came to absolve us of our sins and show how God loved us, they why would I listen to half the stuff in the Old Testament. Jesus basically contradicts the friggin’ thing. I’ve never been able to comprehend the whole hatred thing.

And secondly, doesn’t the J man say, “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” So the only thing I can gather is that all these people are perfect 100% Saints. While I have no problem with people being gay, some of them even kick ass ;), I can’t get the whole pushing your beliefs on others and harassing someone who is gay. That person is not bothering you, so why do you have to bother them? I could just as easily go outside some evangilists house with a sign and start chanting about how I don’t agree with them being bigot assholes who should confess to God unless they want to go to hell for not loving their “brothers and sisters.”

But then they’d probably shoot me.
    · Nov 17, 03:18 PM
  10. Bryan responds with:

Yeah, I agree with Ty, it’s alittle depressing to discuss. Thanks Jim, you shmuck
    · Nov 17, 03:37 PM
  11. Jesus responds with:

“I’m going to turn this water, into funk”
    · Nov 17, 03:38 PM

Ahh, you’re all so very welcome… I knew this would kick up some excellent depression. :)
    · Nov 17, 05:23 PM
  13. Stan responds with:

Dude, you can’t call Jesus a Pig Fucker!
    · Nov 17, 05:24 PM
  14. The Cow God responds with:

Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you’re an asshole
    · Nov 17, 09:50 PM